Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version. This Healthy Eggplant parmesan is a lightened up version of one of your favorite dishes. This low-carb, healthy eggplant parmesan is a lightened up version of the classic Italian dish. Made without breadcrumbs, each slice is low in calories and low in fat, without compromising on flavor.
Traditionally eggplant parmesan is breaded eggplant that is fried them topped with sauce and cheese before baking. I made this lighter low-carb version by roasting the This is the way my Mom always made Eggplant Parmesan, and I always preferred it this way over the deep fried breaded version. Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on the baking sheet. You can have Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version
- It’s 2 of large eggplant.
- It’s 1 jar of Marinara sauce.
- It’s of Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s 3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Shredded Mozarella.
- You need of Grated Parmesan.
Mist the tops of the eggplant slices liberally with oil spray, and lightly sprinkle with salt Sprinkle the slices with the Parmesan cheese, oregano and red pepper flakes. Try this healthier and vegetarian version of traditional eggplant Parmesan. Thank you so much for being a part of this journey and sharing in it with me! A tasty, healthy version of the traditional eggplant Parmesan.
Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version step by step
- Preheat the oven for 400 F. Chop the ends of egg plant and discard the ends. Cut the remaining egg plants in slices. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper and cook at 400 F for 15mins on a baking pan..
- Mix water and all purpose flour in a sauce pan and whisk well..
- Turn on the the flame and whisk the sauce well without any clumps, add 1/2 jar of Marinara sauce to it and garlic and keep mixing it until thickened. Once it's thickened, turn off the stove.
- Take a deep oven dish, coat the bottom of the dish with small amount of Marinara sauce. Arrange the roasted eggplant, then top with sauce prepared and then bottled Marinara sauce. Stack other layer same way as mentioned.
- Top it with Mozarella and Parmesan. Bake at 400F for another 10mins till you see the bubbling. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a bit and Enjoy.
Most eggplant Parmesan recipes call for the eggplant to be fried. By treating the eggplant with the olive oil and letting it bake, I have tried to make a healthier version. Great for a lunch or dinner. Can be served with a vegetable pasta with an. Why Ina's Roasted Eggplant Parmesan Is Better than the Classic.