Broiled BBQ Breaded Pork Chops
Ingredients of Broiled BBQ Breaded Pork Chops
- You need 8 of pork chop (bone in or boneless, but I recommend you do not use thick cut chops 3/4 of an inch max thickness).
- It’s of Open Pit BBQ sauce.
- You need of Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs.
- You need of Pam cooking spray.
Broiled BBQ Breaded Pork Chops step by step
- Take your oven broiler pan and spray it with pan cooking spray. Preheat your oven to broil..
- Pour about 2.5 cups of kellogg's corn flake crumbs on a plate..
- Take 1 pork chop in the palm of your hand, and pour some BBQ sauce on the chop. Use a finger to spread the sauce and cover the whole surface of the chop. Be fairly liberal with the sauce. I find if you only put a thin layer on the chop the breading tends to fall off when you cook them..
- Place the chop BBQ side down on the pile of corn flake crumbs on the plate. Press the chop gently into the crumbs to ensure that the whole side is covered..
- Pour BBQ sauce on the opposite side, and spread the sauce with your finger..
- Flip the chop over to cover the opposite side and repeat step 4..
- Place the chop on the boiler pan..
- Once all the chops are ready, place the broiler pan in the preheated oven..
- Check the chops every 2 to 3 minutes. I cannot stress this enough. Total cook time is only about 12 minutes, and it does not take long to burn the crumbs. As soon as you see any browning on the crumbs, rotate the broiler pan in the oven 180 degrees, so that the chops cook evenly..
- Once the side looks like the picture below, they are ready to be flipped over and cook the other side. The should look nice and golden when they are ready..
- Again, watch the chops for more browning. Once you see a little rotate the pan 180 degrees..
- The the second side is golden browned, remove the pan from the oven..