Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan
- You need 2-3 of large eggplants, peeled and cut into 1/2" slices. Try to only use the slices with seeds in them.
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- It’s 4 of eggs, beaten with a splash of water.
- Prepare 4 cups of italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- You need 2 cups of canola or vegetable oil.
- It’s of salt.
- You need 1 jar of your favorite italian red sauce.
- It’s 16 oz of whole milk mozzarella cheese, freshly grated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, freshly grated.
- You need of black pepper.
Eggplant Parmesan step by step
- Set up your dipping station. In separate mixing bowls, place your flour, egg, and bread crumbs in a row. Go down the row with each slice, covering with flour, then egg, and finally bread crumbs. Continue until all the eggplant is coated. Pro tip is to keep one hand dry and one wet..
- In a deep frying pan, heat up 1/2" of cooking oil until hot, on medium high. Add 4-5 slices at a time, cooking both sides until golden brown. Layer paper towels over a plate and place salted eggplant onto the plate. Add paper towels to every layer to soak up excess oil. Continue frying all the slices..
- On a 9"x13" pan, add 1/2 cup of sauce to the bottom of the pan. Add one layer of eggplant, a layer of red sauce, and 1/3 of the cheese. Continue layering in eggplant, sauce, and then cheese. On the third and last layer do not add in the mozzarella layer. The last 1/3 of the cheese will be added later..
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Add the last 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and fresh cracked pepper on top. Place back in the oven uncovered for 10 minutes, until top layer of cheese is melted..