Salmon in rose sauce
Ingredients of Salmon in rose sauce
- You need 2 of large fillets of centre-cut salmon, deboned and skin-on.
- It’s 1 of shallot, very thinly sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, very thinly sliced.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 12 of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- You need of Chopped fresh parsley or chopped fresh dill for garnish.
Salmon in rose sauce instructions
- Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and a small pat of butter to a large nonstick pan on medium heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and lay the fillets in the pan skin-side down. Sear for 4 minutes then flip over and sear another 4 minutes. Remove the salmon to a plate, skin-side up..
- Using the same pan, saute the shallots for 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and continue frying for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and fry another 1 minute..
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and stir the cream into the pan. Make a slurry by mixing the cornstarch with a splash of water. Once the sauce reaches a low simmer, whisk in the slurry. Let simmer a minute, then check the seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed..
- Carefully peel the skin off the salmon fillets and lay them back in the pan with the sauce. Sprinkle in the cherry tomatoes and let cook 1 more minute. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs..