Eggplant Rolled with Ham and Cheese.
Ingredients of Eggplant Rolled with Ham and Cheese
- Prepare 2 of large eggplants, peeled and cut length wise into 1/2 inch slices.
- It’s of Basting sauce.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of chili infused olive oil.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of each, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh grated Romano cheese, plus more for topping.
- It’s of About 2 cups marinara sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 pound of thin sliced deli hot ham.
- You need 8 ounces of sliced provalone cheese.
- Prepare 15 of crisply cooked pepperoni, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green onion thinly sliced.
Eggplant Rolled with Ham and Cheese step by step
- Preheat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil, spray foil with non stick spray.
- Combine all basting ingredients in a bowl.
- Brush both sides of eggplant with mixture and place on prepared pan, bake until tender, turning once about 20 minutes.
- Place some marinara in a baking dish, large enough to hold rolls in one layer.
- Assemble rolls.
- Place each eggplant on a work surface.
- Add provalone to cover eggplant.
- Then cover with ham.
- Then roll up.
- Place in sauce covered prepared pan.
- Add some sauce on each roll and sprinkle with Romano cheese and a strip of provolone. Sprinkle with crispy pepperoni and green onion.
- Bake at 425 until hot, about 15 minutes.