Cream cheese pasta with pine nuts and cranberries
Ingredients of Cream cheese pasta with pine nuts and cranberries
- You need 1 pound (454 g) of penne pasta.
- Prepare 1 ounce (226 g) of cream cheese.
- You need 2 TBSP of butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 cups (120g)Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare 30 of basil leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of dry parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pine nuts.
- You need 6 TBSP of dry cranberries.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Truffle salt.
Cream cheese pasta with pine nuts and cranberries instructions
- Roast garlic. Mince garlic finely. In a small pan, with no heat, pour large amount of olive and add garlic. Now turn the heat to low-medium and roast the garlic slowly 3 minutes. Once it’s golden brown, remove the garlic from the oil and set aside. Save the oil..
- Toast pine nuts in a small pan, low to medium heat for 2 minutes until golden brown. Set aside..
- In the same pan, toast the dried cranberries, low to medium heat for 2 minutes. Set aside as well..
- Chop the basil..
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add salt. Cook pasta al dente. Save 1/4 cup of pasta water..
- Making the sauce. In a large pot, medium heat, add 3/4 cup water, butter and cream cheese and stir consistently until it’s melted and bubbled, 3 minutes. Add parmesan cheese and salt (1tsp)and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes. Lower the heat to low..
- Add basil and parsley into the sauce and stir..
- Add toasted pine nuts and toasted cranberries into the sauce and stir..
- Turn the sauce pan to medium-high heat, add saved olive oil from ➊, cooked pasta, saved 1/4 cup of pasta water from ❺, and mix them well..
- Garnish with roasted garlic on top and enjoy😉.
- Once again, truffle salt works very well on this one too😊.